Monday, June 1, 2009

Natural home facials



1. Steaming
After bringing a pot of water to a boil, lower the heat and add a few drops of your favorite essential oil. Hold your face over the pot, but not too close, and place a towel over your head to aid in the steaming process. Stay there for about five minutes and enjoy the wonderful aromatherapy as the steam opens your pores.

2. Exfoliate
Uncooked oatmeal and a little warm water make an excellent exfoliant. Mix them together to form a paste and then gently scrub your face to remove dirt, oil, and dead skin cells.

3 . Fruit Facial Mask
A fruity facial mask can be made from a variety of fruits. I like this simple recipe for the papaya.

-1/2 cup yogurt
-1 chopped papaya
-1 juiced lemon
-1 teaspoon of honey

Put all ingredients in the blender and blend on low until a paste is formed. Apply to face and leave on for at least thirty minutes.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good post girlie!
My daughter laughs at me when I'm scrubbing oatmeal and sugar on my face.

Iris said...

♥Tiffany Nicole♥ -Thanks. I am totally for natural stuff. I am gonna try one of these tonight :)

HiFashion said...

I love natural recipes for hair and skin care! I just wrote an article on my blog about natural hair care: http://hifashionsl.blogspot.com/2009/05/natural-hair-care.html

xx Leia

Amanda Awesome said...

Try grinding the oatmeal a bit, it makes it a bit easier to work with. Also, you could add a bit of honey to the oatmeal mask which will make it more moisturizing.

What I do

I make hair tutorials on YouTube. But I created this blog to connect with my fellow writers/bloggers. I've also created a myspace account, but I don't like the format for blogging. I'd rather blog here. As far as something to note about me: I rarely have will power when it comes to dieting. I'd rather eat what I want, but in moderation. I like girly stuff, but I don't like doing my own hair. I rarely do my own hair, so if you saw me in the street, you'd probably not recognize me. But if you ever saw me, I would love it if you came to say hi. Thanks for reading my blogs.