Friday, June 19, 2009

Finger waves for long hair


How To Make Finger Waves Styling Steps ~ 1930's Vintage Finger Waves



  • Shampoo your hair and towel dry.

  • Use a generous amount of hair gel or mousse and work the product evenly through your hair.

  • Begin your waves wherever you desire and start by laying your middle finger flat along your locks.

  • Use your comb and press it against the edge of your finger working in section about the size of an inch.

  • With the teeth down, pull the comb sideways against your finger creating a ridge.

  • Make certain you do not lift the comb during this process.

  • Lay your index finger beside your other finger and press the ridge firmly.

  • Move the comto a vertical position and comb your tresses out and curve in the other direction.

  • Move your middle finger so you can form the ridge as long as you wish it to be.

  • Skip the space of about two fingers and create another ridge.

  • Follow the direction of the wave directly above the one you are now making.

  • You can form your waves as far down as you would like.

  • Carefully run a comb through your waves and you will be left with a stunning pattern like Greta Garbo’s.

5 comments:

HektikLyfe said...

It is so cool that you donate so much time and effort to do this simply because your viewers have asked for it. I would click on your advertisements to show my appreciation if it was allowed but alas! We must just wait and hope that some of these thousands of readers would find it in their hearts to do it out of their own volition purely out of interest for the products being advertised.

I've heard you mention finger waves before. They are very nice. Now I know. :)

Mamita said...

oh Iris... you're amazing... like u read minds...lol, thank you for posting, I will be trying this very very soon... I love the look and always have... hope you're enjoying your summer.

Anonymous said...

I love your tutorials...you have beautiful hair

jewlover2 said...

I love fingerwaves. I'm currently sitting w/ some water waves in my hair...technically not fingerwaves since I didnt use my fingers and I'm not going for the severe fingerwave of the 30's...this set is for a Vernoica lake tutorial and I hope it turns out!

Incidentally, your instructions are SO MUCH SIMPLER than the ones in my beauty book I bought on amazon. LOL

Amanda Awesome said...

I would love to see a youtube video on this.

What I do

I make hair tutorials on YouTube. But I created this blog to connect with my fellow writers/bloggers. I've also created a myspace account, but I don't like the format for blogging. I'd rather blog here. As far as something to note about me: I rarely have will power when it comes to dieting. I'd rather eat what I want, but in moderation. I like girly stuff, but I don't like doing my own hair. I rarely do my own hair, so if you saw me in the street, you'd probably not recognize me. But if you ever saw me, I would love it if you came to say hi. Thanks for reading my blogs.